Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The first few months

It has now been almost three months since I had weight loss surgery. For me, the choice was the gastric sleeve, also known as the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.

The procedure has been a HUGE success from my perspective. I started at a whopping 397 pounds when I visited the doctors office in March,2011. The surgeon had a LOT of requirements for me to meet. I had to undergo a long list of tests, a mental health evaluation and finally, I was required to loose 25 pounds before surgery. The insurance company was impossibly slow approving the procedure, however, it worked out in the end.

On the day of surgery, I weighed 369, and today just three months later, I am at 298 lbs? The weight loss has had a big impact on my energy level, my general mood and my overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment